Saturday, March 25, 2017

Pray to your God, Stick to your guns

Track: Stick To Your Guns
Artist: Sick Puppies
Album: Fury
Year: 2016
Genre: Post-Grunge/Alternative



This song hit me like a f@#king brick wall, the kind Trump keeps on saying he will build. And it helps that it is my most favorite type of song - relentless, heavy guitars, bass and drums + melodic vocals with a chorus that packs a punch. I know I will be exploring this Australian band a lot in the coming days. Though they have a new singer now, but I am pretty sure some of their old work must be sweet too.

Let me take a moment here to compliment Emma Anzai. She is an absolute monster on bass and her backing vocals are on point. She kills it, man, kills it. Watching such talent live, or on Youtube always sparks so much inspiration inside of me. Check her out, owning the bass line on THIS VIDEO, and tell me you're not impressed.

I love it when this song comes up during my morning commute. It's a blast of energy and motivation to go and make it 'my best day ever'. Tried to do an Apple reference there, don't know if it worked. Well, now you know.

Anyway, this song is about persevering for what you want to be in life, and cutting out the negativity inside you and thrown at you by others, telling you that you can't do it. I absolutely love the line that starts this song off:

"It's a waste of time to try and please everyone around."

Hoping this song does for you what it does for me. Go out and shine. 24x7. Like Zlatan. Not really. More like the midnight sun on the summer solstice.




No comments:

Post a Comment